Follow Merseyside Police

Appeal for information five weeks on from the murder of James Taylor

News   •   Mar 15, 2019 10:23 GMT

James Taylor

Five weeks on from the murder of 34-year-old James Taylor, detectives are continuing their appeal for information.

James died on the evening of Thursday, 7 February in Addison Street, Liverpool city centre.

Detective Chief Inspector Ian Warlow said: “It is now five weeks since James was murdered and as the investigation continues we still need witnesses to come forward. Yes, we have made a number of arrests but we are still in the early stages of the investigation and we are appealing to anyone who has information to come forward and help the police and James’ family, so we can bring the person(s) responsible to justice.

“I would like to reassure the local community that we are doing everything we can to solve this murder but we can’t do this alone – we need your help, we need witnesses to come forward. We know there were people around the Addison Street and Holy Cross Close area at the time of the murder and I would appeal to them to contact us with any information, no matter how small – it could be vital to our investigation.

“We’re also appealing, once again, to drivers and taxi drivers who may have been in this area at around 8pm to get in contact. This incident took place near to the very busy Leeds Street and I’m asking for any motorists who may have dash-cam footage to give us a call. A black Ford Fiesta was recovered in nearby Summer Seat, shortly after the shooting, again I would like to ask anyone who saw anything or anybody in this area, after 8pm, to make contact.”

He added: “You can contact us directly via @MerPolCC or 101 and you can contact the independent charity, Crimestoppers totally anonymously via 0800 555 111 or @CrimestoppersUK – any information given to them, is completely anonymous you won’t be asked for your details. You could be helping us to trace the person(s) responsible for this terrible crime, enabling us to take them off our streets and bring them to justice.”

- A 25-year-old man from Anfield was arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday (Thursday, 14 March) and has since been released on police bail. This latest arrests bring the total number of people arrested in connection with this investigation to eight.